Ensuring a sustainable future for children.
Social and Environmental Responsibility
CLASS EARTH reaffirms its recognition of humanity’s responsibility towards the ecosystem and is committed to taking proactive actions to leave a sustainable future for children.
Through the following initiatives, we will promote environmental conservation:
- Prioritize sourcing materials with a focus on ecological restoration, not merely environmental considerations.
- Procure traceable materials to reduce freshwater resource consumption.
- Make decisions within the company’s operations and products to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Circulate valuable products over the long term, aiming for an extended consumption cycle.
- Comply with environmental standards in the supply chain and promote sustainable sourcing.
- Raise awareness among employees and partners through environmental education and awareness campaigns.
- Collaborate with NGOs and NPOs, valuing environmental conservation as a critical mission and exploring innovative solutions.
Commitment to Specific Positive Social Impact
Within the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), CLASS EARTH places particular emphasis on Goal 4, “Quality Education for All.” Even in the context of Nature Positive, we believe that “correct actions cannot happen without correct knowledge,” and thus, we will provide educational content.
At COP15 (the 15th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity) held at the end of 2022, an international agreement was reached to protect 30% of the Earth’s terrestrial, marine, and inland water areas by 2030. All stakeholders are called upon to take concrete actions in response.
For our part, we will undertake efforts specifically focused on two different targets:
- In urgent situations where organizational leadership is indispensable, we will develop content to raise awareness among corporate management, including top-level executives, to drive actions.
- We will create opportunities for the children, who are the future protagonists, to develop the ability to thrive in the increasingly challenging world by providing them with opportunities to learn.
Furthermore, in collaboration with our partners, we will offer education for all people towards sustainable development goals and learning opportunities aimed at biodiversity restoration.
Specific Initiatives for Positive Environmental Impact
- Utilization of sustainably managed forest materials overseen by reputable NGOs for manufacturing packages and cushioning materials. Actively incorporating wood from thinnings of coniferous trees contributes to the restoration of green carbon and promotes broad-leaved forestation.
- Support for companies in their efforts towards Nature Positive initiatives.
- Inclusion of biodiversity-related worksheets in children’s clothing and other products to educate them about the environment.
- Donations to nature conservation organizations.
Supply Chain Sourcing Policy
While actively using internationally certified materials such as GOTS, OCS, and GRS, CLASS EARTH strives to incorporate these certifications. However, at the current stage of domestic production in Japan, obtaining international certifications for finished products is challenging due to the limited number of certified factories.
On the other hand, CLASS EARTH emphasizes domestic production to help reduce carbon emissions in logistics and to preserve the valuable skills of Japanese craftsmen. Therefore, we are committed to working with our partner companies to prepare for certification applications within our domestic supply chain.
CLASS EARTH will make donations to reliable local NGOs/NPOs based on the following
- 2% of sales of apparel and other items.
- In addition to the above, an extra 2,000 yen per case if customers decline gift wrapping.